1. Wash and dry all produce. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Trim and discard bottom inch of baby broccoli, then cut stalks and florets into 1 inch pieces. Remove sausage from casings.
2. Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
3. Heat a dizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add baby broccoli and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes, tossing occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Heat and dizzle olive oil in the same pan over medium high heat. Add sausage and break up into pieces. Cook until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Add a pinch of chili flakes (if desired), and cook for another 30 seconds.
5. Add pasta, baby broccoli, half the Parmesan cheese, reserved pasta water, and pesto to pan.
6. Toss until pasta is covered in a saucy coating, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with remaining Parmesan cheese.